|Title:||Directional Boring / Hydro-Vac Machine Operator|
|Department:||Division 7 - Directional Boring / Hydro-Vac|
Build your career at General Excavating as part of a team that works on unique and important civil construction projects. At General Excavating, our company is made up of individuals just like you! Our employees, the backbone of all we do, are committed to making General Excavating one of the leading underground utility companies in Nebraska. We are seeking talented professionals to fill challenging but rewarding positions that lead to well-compensated careers in the construction industry.
Best part? We DIG our employees! From our insurance plans to our company perks, we make sure we take care of our team because we know our team takes care of our customers! Our five-generation workforce holds over 700 years of knowledge and experience. For 30+ years we have had a history of outstanding workmanship as well as an award winning safety record.
We are seeking experienced Directional Boring and Hydro-Vac Machine Operators to work on underground utility projects in the Lincoln, Nebraska area. Candidates must have experience working around underground utilities and installing underground conduit for a variety of applications.
AS A DIRECTIONAL BORING AND HYDRO-VAC MACHINE OPERATOR, you will:
• 3-5 years of continuous underground utility construction experience operating directional drills and/or hydro-vacs
• Solid work history of success with little damage on directional drill
• Certifications and/or extensive experience in operating hand and power tools, drills and boring machines
• Ability to spot/expose and identify utilities after they have been located
• Understand ground conditions for drilling/boring
• Daily maintenance checks on machines
• Read communications prints for placing conduit or cables underground
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, subcontractors and clients
• Ability to take direction and work well with others
• Ability to lift materials that weigh up to 100 pounds
• Class A CDL + Tanker Endorsement required, good driving record a must
The above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification/division. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position. Employees may be required to perform additional job tasks as needed.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL:
• Successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen
• Meet our qualifications of a motor vehicle record review
WE OFFER A COMPLETE BENEFIT PACKAGE!
• Competitive Pay
• Vacation Time / PTO / Paid Holidays
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Company Paid Life Insurance
• Supplemental Insurance Plans
• Section 125 Plan / HSA
• 401(k) Plan, Profit Sharing
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Service Awards
Drug Free Workplace • Equal Opportunity Employer • E-verify Employer